The initial project has been funded by the European Commission for three years. The consortium of TensiNet consisted of 22 participating organisations with representatives from 9 EU member states. The membership formed a complementary group representing multi-disciplinary industries (coater and weaver, manufacturer, producer, engineering and architecture offices), universities and other associations.
TensiNet is a multi-disciplinary association for parties interested in tensioned membrane and foil construction. It supports teaching and training activities in the field of tensioned membrane construction and provides information about events.
The aim of TensiNet is to enable its members to contribute more effectively, within the scope of their activities, to
- Provide information and advice in the field of tensile membrane buildings;
- Inform about research and other technical studies necessary to support such advice;
- Inform about the application of research findings;
- Improve the quality of tensile membrane buildings;
- Increase the range of architectural applications;
- Get scientific results into practice and
- Stimulate research initiatives.
Members of TensiNet subscribe a code of Good Practice, encourage and facilitate exchange of information and joint working, in order to increase the quality of tensile architecture.