Vinyl Plus membership
We're a member of Vinyl Plus, the Voluntary Commitment of the European PVC industry.
VinylPlus is the renewed ten-year Voluntary Commitment of the European PVC industry.
The programme establishes a long-term framework for the sustainable development of the PVC industry by tackling a number of critical challenges, in the EU-28, Norway and Switzerland as described on their website.
VinylPlus is committed to the following working principles:
- Voluntary action –tackling the sustainability challenges of PVC in a proactive way.
- Measurable targets and deadlines – shared publically and reported on annually.
- Continuous improvement –accepting that the journey to sustainability requires constant evaluation and learning.
- Collaboration – working together within the industry to find solutions that no single player can implement, and reaching out to much broader stakeholder groups.
- Transparency – opening up, sharing and recognising the gap between where we are now and where we aim to be.
- Scientific rigour and research – making sure technologies, processes and materials are assessed according to strong and scientifically-based sustainability principles.
- Dialogue – creating more debate with those who have something to say about PVC, in a positive, receptive frame of mind.
- Responsibility – no one is going to secure a place for PVC in the sustainable future other than the industry itself.
- Seeking business prosperity – we need successful businesses along the value chain – that means making an acceptable return on investment, being competitive while pursuing a sustainable development.
- Priority to sustainability innovation – research, design and innovation should have no goal other than improving the sustainability potential of PVC, including its market competitiveness, and openly challenging components, materials and practices which do not make sense in terms of sustainable development.